Pages

Back to Jay Scott Photography Home

Jan 14, 2012

Help-Portrait Saskatoon 2011 Video is Up

I am very happy to share with you the video of our efforts on December 10, 2011 at the White Buffalo Youth Lodge.

I have said it before, but I will say it again, it was a great day and felt good to do what we did.  This video really helped those of us who were busy doing something get a glimpse of what else was going on around us while we were working.  I should have taken more of my break time during the day to make a round and observe the other people as they gave.



The support given to us by Potash Corp, CUPE, Beagle Productions, Whitespace, Hard Pressed Printing, and all of the other sponsors was greatly appreciated.  It made a lot of things possible this year that were not possible last year.

But, as much as the money helped, it came down to people committing their time, effort, equipment and hearts to the event.  I still feel in my mind that that is greatest in value.  Krystian Olszanski and his wife Aleksandra made it possible with their organizing and communication, meeting planning and all of those often thankless jobs.  Even now, over a month later there are still some loose ends to be cleared up and we appreciate their hard work.

I'm looking forward to next year's event and hoping that it is even more successful than this year.  We have learned much from successes and mistakes and have nowhere to go but better from here.

I love watching the video and seeing the familiar faces, both participants and clients, from the first year.  What a community building way to become familiar with someone.  The next step, perhaps, would be to ask to get to know them more than just recognize their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment