Pages

Back to Jay Scott Photography Home

Feb 28, 2012

You Get What You Pay For

One of the reasons I moved Jay Scott Photography to the Blogger platform was for the monetary cost being free. The larger reason was to leave the maintenance, updates and performance of the site up to professionals. As the internet evolves and the languages used to build sites grow the complexity increases and I am not able to keep up. I probably could, but a person only has so much time to give and I would much rather outsource my website and focus on photography. Even the opportunity to make a photograph into more than what it is straight out of the camera with post processing techniques is something I could be much better at but I prefer the time with my camera in hand over even more screen time.

What I have noticed lately is that some photos on older posts have started to stop loading from their source location at 500px. All that appears is the clickable text which will take you to the photo. I mentioned this in a previous post. For reasons beyond my knowledge they have stopped loading even when certain techniques are tried such as clearing my internet cache and force refreshing (pressing Ctrl + F5 at the same time). You can still click the text to see the image, but it interrupts the flow or reading a post or, if I have not written anything, makes the post pointless.

I will work to fix this and try alternative methods of inserting the photos. For now, would you my readers, please just leave a comment to let me know if any photos are failing to load on your computer or mobile device. Thank you for your help.

Oh, and it is not the fact that Blogger is free that it is happening. I don't know if it has to do with me, Blogger, 500px or a gremlin in the system. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment