Pages

Back to Jay Scott Photography Home

May 28, 2012

Hot Racks Cinnamon Buns

Last week when I was on a shooting rampage I was quite looking for food to shoot. It feels like it has been too long since I have made myself or anyone else hungry with my photographs.

Seeing as how we were short on sweets in the house we headed a few blocks over to Hot Racks Bakery and picked up some of their reliably scrumptious cinnamon buns. Responsibly, we only purchased two even though their buy three get one free deal was sitting right before us. Part of me would love to make far more frequent stops there but carbohydrates are one of my weaknesses and when they are as delicious as the products you'll find at that bakery it would be even easier to let indulgence get out of control.


The next product we really want to try is their beet dill bread. It is a regular item on their menu on Thursdays and typically we don't cooking elaborate meals with which a nice loaf of bread would go except on Mondays, Wednesdays or Saturdays. I will have to plan to buy some, photograph it, sample it and then freeze it for the next time we make a nice batch of soup.


If you are so inclined I would really appreciate a comment about which of the two photos you like best.

Have a delicious week.

6 comments:

  1. That is a tough call. I do like the little curl of icing in the 2nd photo. But I like the effect of the black background on the clear plate that almost makes the plate look black. So to answer your question, if I HAD to choose I think I like the first one a wee bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I think I like the context better but that is exactly what I have been trying to do more lately is to photograph things in context. Just because the new lens is a macro lens does not mean that every photo needs to be shot as close as possible.

    Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as usual Jay!! We love the art you have at the bakery as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Warren. I received a very nice compliment on twitter from a totally unexpected regular customer of yours who I have worked with for some major photography in the past. Who knew she was a customer and recognized my photos. :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with Angie as I too like the clear plate background with the knife and fork visible. However as always they are both excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dad. I like that one best myself but wanted to get a feel for other people's opinions. When you spend so much time looking at the same photos I lose my objectivity.

      Delete