Pages

Back to Jay Scott Photography Home

May 13, 2014

Red Curry with Blue Rice

  Photograph Red Curry with Blue Rice by Jay Scott on 500px

Angie had a girls' night out so I whipped up a red curry so spicy that, even though it was cold by the time I was done shooting, I had to eat slowly and a smaller portion for fear of burning my mouth.

I tire of "nice" photos so, despite an overhead soft box to believably imitate to candle, I added a blue touch to the rice for an element of surrealism. It was also nice to have a good time to incorporate the candle holder made by my grandfather's skilled hands. It deserves a detail shot of its own. His choices of wood, glued together in such a way to make the pattern it does, has always impressed me. It, in itself, is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment