Pages

Back to Jay Scott Photography Home

Jul 21, 2014

One New Baby is Here

  Photograph Rainbow Loom Critters by Jay Scott on 500px

Picked up my D810 yesterday. I'm very impressed with the image quality, build, buttons, feel and all improvements I see from my D700. Who would've thought that my first test photo with it would be the two Rainbow Loom critters generously given to each of us from a sweet little girl from our church. Thank you, Rebecca! Shot on an obsolete black CD-RW containing a copy of Return to Wolfenstein. How ironic that I'm watching Nazi Mega Weapons on Netflix while I work on this.

For the record, the dynamic range on this body is superb. However, I was going for dramatic to make the colours pop so I blackened the blacks in post. Love that ISO 64 when working close for macro photos with speedlights. AF is blazing fast, everything just feels so good in hand. Yes, a lot of money, but I've shot 19 photos with it and feel this good about the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment