Pages

Back to Jay Scott Photography Home

Jun 12, 2014

Dock Walk

In an effort to make the most of our short summer, and get out before the long stretch of forecasted rain arrives, I headed down to the river this morning behind the Mendel art gallery. It was a very comfortable morning and the sights and sounds, minus the construction sounds from the Kinsman Park, were very soothing.
Click on the photo to enlarge it and see the full picture.
I thought we had seen the last of the fruit trees blooming, especially after the wicked wind we had last week that blew away any but the heartiest blooms. Then, on my way back up the river bank I spotted this vibrant tree. I must have missed this while focusing on slowing my descent so I didn't go for a swim.


A few of the winter berries that did not get picked off by the birds. I find it so interesting that it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized, thanks to our tomato plants, that the ugly dried-up parts of the bottom of the berry were what once was the blossom which grew into the berry. We probably learned that in elementary school, but the things a person does not think about on a daily basis are sometimes the simplest.



One more shot from the top. One of the things that frustrates me the most on the days like this when my intention is to get some exercise is that the pain I feel is not in my muscles. Most the time it is the seams in my gloves, where the thumb is sewn to the main body, that digs in to my toneless webbing between my thumb and index finger. After a number of hard pushes up a steep hill it feels like someone is jamming a hot fork in there. The dust and grime on my gloves and push rims prevent me from moving forward using a different group of muscles because there is a greater risk of my hands slipping off, losing my forward momentum and even hurting myself.

Not the strength training I was hoping for on a nice day like this. However, I did take the time to stop in at Museo before I left. Enjoy a top-notch coffee, have a look at the photos on my camera, read a few articles and then head home.

The rainy forecast has eased from what they were originally calling for so maybe it will miss us all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment