Pages

Back to Jay Scott Photography Home

Jun 6, 2014

Zoo 2014 - 4

This is the final post from this trip to the zoo. I had another since then, but will add to that in a few weeks after we get to the lovely spring blossoms on the fruit trees are in Saskatoon. Those will be in my next post in a few days.

First, we start with a nice action series of a duck taking off. I love this time of year when the waterfowl is so active and you get a lot of good action shots of them taking off and landing, as you might've seen in my last post with some landings and saber rattling.


I don't know what it is, but the kids always seem most interested in the farm animals. I suppose it's no different than when I encountered a rabbit in my last visit. I looked over and saw an animal not in a cage and wasn't sure what I was seeing. Then, they proceeded to hop no more than 4 feet away from me. I suppose the cages take away the fascination even more than a young child watching their mother feed a simple chicken.

I'm always cautious when photographing people and their children. There are a lot of people who are opposed to having their photo taken, and I understand and respect that. However, these people were really friendly and more concerned that they were blocking my way than anything. I whispered back but they were not and asked if I could take a picture. Of course, they said yes. The caged animals will be there for a long time. It's the unique moments like this that I love to sit and enjoy, especially with our own little one on their way. Maybe I'll be feeding the chickens to the enjoyment of our child in a year or less.






It was getting pretty hot and just as I was leaving the zoo I spotted a peacock hiding under the bushes, getting some shade. It was a very nice and peaceful way to end that visit to the zoo. Both arriving and leaving I was just a few feet away from a nice peacock.


No comments:

Post a Comment