Pages

Back to Jay Scott Photography Home

Jun 16, 2014

Zoo 2014 - 5

I will be cramming in as many visits to the zoo as I am able to before our baby arrives. I have no doubt that will be one of our favorite spots to visit, relax and get out of the house even this year. Or, at least I hope so. So many uncertain questions of how things will change in the near future and in the long-term. It's all good, though.


I tried to be appreciative of the seasons but I'm still convinced that I would be quite happy being able to barbecue all year-round. I think the same could be said for flowers. So many of them have their brief lives and time in the shine only to be done for another year but thankfully replaced by other types that come into their prime shortly after. Still, I'd love to see all of them all spring, summer and early fall.



You might recognize this next photo. It's one tree over and one hour earlier in the morning than the one I made a few years ago. Amazing what three flashes and the little postprocessing can do to make quite a different photo. This one was just a snapshot.



As I said before, I love flowers but the blooms of trees are just so much more conveniently positioned for me to photograph from my wheelchair. I seldom have the right angle to get what I'm looking for from my chair and the hope of getting the focus exactly where I wanted simply by resting the camera on my feet is slim. As you will see in my next post from a visit to Innovation Place the day before this visit the trees were quite cooperative for me. In fact, I was able to make my third-highest rated photo on 500px. It's already over there if you want to go take a look but I will be posting in a few days.


Apparently it was time to move on as I had an angry crow hovering over my head. Where's that 12 gauge when you need it?


No comments:

Post a Comment